This course leads to the award of a GCSE in Design & Technology. Students choose from:
In Year 10 students will explore and experiment with a range of materials, techniques and processes. This provides the foundation work to enable students to carry out a successful Controlled Assessment Task and Written Examination.
The Controlled Assessment Task (approximately 45 hours) carries 60% of the total marks and comprises of a Design Folder and Practical Outcome. The remaining 40% of marks are assessed through a written examination.
The themes for the Controlled Assessment Task are provided by the Examination Board, students choosing from a maximum of 4 available. This will entail Research, development of ideas via drawing and practical trialing and testing before planning and making the final product. This work has to be completed and supervised in School.
Further information from Mrs P Hasbury