Each Autumn term, we arrange for portrait photographs to be taken of our new Year 7 students. These are updated bi-annually i.e. in Year 9 and Year 11. We use these photographs for identity purposes, under Article 6 of the EU General Data Protection Regulations ‘Lawfulness of Processing’, where we process information for the purposes of compliance with legal obligation, or legitimate interests pursued by us, the controller, or by a third party. Parents and carers are able to purchase copies of these portrait photographs.
We also like to take photographic records of trips and visits. We often invite press photographers to record events, take team photos and pictures of award winners or special presentations. In addition, our school publicity material and Facebook may well include pictures of students to illustrate school life. Under the new regulations, we require your specific agreement to enable us to use these photographs.
You will receive a data form to complete and sign to specifically agree to the use of photographic images, when your child starts at the school. We do not assume consent, so please ensure this form is returned to us. If you explicitly do not wish your child to be included in photographs, please make sure that your child is aware.
- Photographs taken by the press remain the press’ copyright.
- Photographs taken by our own staff remain under the school’s ownership.
- Images taken by the school may be given to the press to illustrate an event, but will not be provided at their request.
- Images taken by the press may include student names for publication in newspapers.
- Publicity material used by the school will NOT name individual students.
- Web-based images will NOT include students’ names.