We work closely with health professionals to support the health and wellbeing of students at Ludlow School.
The School Nursing Team support our work with promoting healthy lifestyles and work closely with students (and their parents and carers) with long-term health conditions or disabilities, such as asthma, diabetes or epilepsy. They also provide confidential health and advice for teenagers, with drop-in sessions, once a fortnight, and we have a weekly mental health drop-in, on Tuesday evenings.
The NHS Schools Immunisation Team provide our students with school-based immunisation programmes commissioned by Public Health England. Across the school year, a series of immunisations are offered:
- Nasal Flu programme for Year 7
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV1) programme for Year 8 and HPV2 for Year 9
- School Leaver Booster for Year 9 - a single Diphtheria, Tetanus and Polio vaccination (DTP) and a vaccination to cover 4 strains of Meningitis (MenACWY).
- Covid-19 vaccinations (to be confirmed if this programme is to continue beyond 2021-22)
Consent from parents and carers is always sought, ahead of the immunisation day. Further information is available by following this link: https://www.shropscommunityhealth.nhs.uk/immunisations
- RISK ASSESSMENT - LCES - people with respiratory infections, including Covid-19 or a positive test result 1 April 2022 v1.pdf (471KB pdf file)
- Bereavement Poster (203KB pdf file)
- Mental Health And Wellbeing Policy Updated July 2022 (246KB pdf file)
- Shropshire Child Exploitation Leaflet For Parents Carers (5.6MB pdf file)