Year 10 Work Experience
This year, Year 10 Work Experience will run for one week, from Monday 1st July to Friday 5th July 2024. Placements must be submitted by Christmas to allow for all Health and Safety checks to be completed by our partner organisation.
Why do Work Experience?
Spending as little as a few days with an employer, doing simple tasks or merely work shadowing (watching an experienced employee at work) can be hugely beneficial. Reasons for doing work experience include:
- developing transferable skills, such as communication and teamworking
- understanding how organisations work or bringing a job you have read about to life
- building confidence in interacting with adults
- confirming an interest in a career or (equally useful) deciding it is not for you
- a foot in the door - if you impress the employer, they may be asked back on a more formal arrangement such as an apprenticeship or job in your free time
- providing valuable content for a CV, to give evidence of an interest in a particular subject/occupation
- For some sectors, such as media production, the most usual route in is through work experience before landing a junior position.
For further information around our Work Experience programme, including the process for finding a placement, please see the linked documents:
- Work Experience Policy
- Work Experience letter to parents and carers
- A Guide to Work Experience
- A template letter to employers
If you have any queries, please contact our careers lead, Mrs Griffiths-Jones: email@example.com